“Smart phones will soon be the defacto mobile phone and with a docking station will act as a desk phone in time. A VoIP PBX must embrace this technology and deliver seamless integration to provide true mobility to its users.” said Nick Galea, CEO, 3CX. “Smartphone support is a key component of our strategy and the availability of 3CXPhone for Android delivers on this vision”. Nick Galea continued “We chose Android as our first platform – it is rapidly gaining market share because it’s open, standards based, vendor independent and evolving at a rapid pace. Android based Smartphones are available in different form factors and at competitive prices.”
3CXPhone for Android is based on SiPagent, a popular SIP phone for Android that 3CX acquired in June 2010. SiPagent users are able to upgrade free of charge to 3CXPhone.
- Fully supports the industry leading SiP standard
- G711 and GSM codec support
- Ability to transfer calls
- Choose between integrated or custom dial pad
- Record phone calls
- Force VoIP calls when available – with this feature you can automatically make free VoIP calls take priority over 3G
- Auto provisioning – SIP PBX’s or VoIP providers can automatically provision 3CXPhone for Android via multicast or HTTP
3CXPhone for Android is available immediately from the Android market place. The 3CXPhone is community supported via the 3CXPhone Android forums here. 3CX Phone System users and partners can get support via their support portal account.