Auto Attendant Service
Kiwi VoIP provides all users with a free and simple auto-attendant service. The service allows you to record your own menu prompts giving available options for callers. You can then decide which digits divert to which phone numbers. You can decide if you want the menu to be played at all times or on specific days and times (such as outside of work hours). The service also allows you to set how long to wait for a response from callers, how many times to replay your menu options and whether to forward on as normal to your Kiwi VoIP number following the menu timeout or invalid digit entry.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to getting your auto-attendant service up and running:
- Login to Kiwi VoIP Live and under Inbound calls in ‘Kiwi VoIP settings’ click on auto attendant settings
- Decide on your menu options. You can assign forwarding numbers to all 10 digits (0-9). The ‘*’ digit always repeats your auto-attendant message.
- Dial *22 from your Kiwi VoIP phone and after the beep, record your Welcome message for customers along with your menu options. When done hangup or press the ‘#’ key.
- Dial *23 from your Kiwi VoIP phone if you wish to play back the recording you have just made
- When you are happy with the recording you can enable the auto attendant service by clicking on ‘Enable’ in the web interface or dialing *24 from your Kiwi VoIP phone. The service will not work until you have recorded a message. If you wish to de-activate the service at any time then dial *25
- If you wish to change the default settings you can also set the following options (in the Kiwi VoIP Live web interface only):
- Select the time of day to enable the auto attendant service (default is ‘At all times’)
- Enter the number of seconds to wait for a response from the user (default is 5 seconds and must be at least 1 second)
- Enter the number of times to replay the recorded message (default is 3 times and must be at least 1 time)
- Select whether to ring through to your Kiwi VoIP phone number (following normal inbound call logic) following the recorded message or in the event of an invalid digit being entered (i.e. one where you have not setup a forward). If this is not selected then the call will be hung up instead (or the menu replayed if an invalid digit was entered).
Typically your recording will go along the lines of: “Hi there. If you wish to speak with Bob then press 1, if you wish to speak to John then press 2, if you want to speak to Fred then press 3 or hold the line to be connected to Bill”. Of course your menu could be aimed at different individuals or just different contact numbers for yourself. It’s up to you of course!
At the moment we only support simple single-level menu structures which is sufficient for most customers, you could build multiple menu levels of course by adding new lines to your account and activating the auto-attendant service on those lines too with sub-menu prompts.NOTE: If you wish to record your auto attendant message from a non-Kiwi VoIP phone then you can set this up via the remote dialtone service which will present you with a dial tone from which you can then dial the required star codes (e.g. *22 to record a message). You can enable temporarily enable remote dialtone on your number in Kiwi VoIP live (specify a PIN), dial into your number, record your message and then disable the remote dialtone service again if required.
Professionally Recorded Messages
If you do not wish to record your own message we can introduce you to a professional recording studio who can record your required recordings for us to upload to your auto-attendant. Charges will vary depending on the complexity of the message. Please email support@Kiwivoip.co.nz and we can introduce you to the professional recording studio. Alternatively if you already have a professionally recorded message that you wish to use you can email support@Kiwivoip.co.nz with your account details; attaching the recording in WAV format to the email. You will need to specify which number the recording should be uploaded to. Please allow 7 business days for the recording to be uploaded to your profile. The charge for this service is $50 per recording.
If you have any feedback on the service then please email feedback@Kiwivoip.co.nz